- IH2A launched on April 6 with Steering Group Co-Leads Chart Industries and Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). A number of companies and partner organisations have since evinced interest to join IH2A. Read more.
- IH2A submitted a 6-point plan to develop a Bharat H2 supply chain in India,to the Government of India, on April 30. Read more about the submission.
- IH2A Steering Group co-leads Chart Industries and RIL will be speaking at South Asia New Energy Series through June 2021, organised by TERI and FTI Consulting. The series will be opened with remarks by Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, Govt of India, and its theme is ‘Building a Renewables-Hydrogen-Battery Storage Clean Energy Pathway’.
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) mentioned a pilot project on Hydrogen CNG (H-CNG) and Green Hydrogen for blending hydrogen with compressed natural gas for use as transportation fuel and industrial input to refineries. Link
- NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog made a presentation on Green Hydrogen talking about a 20-30 GW Electrolyser capacity ambition as well H2 in context of energy exports in the future. Link
- MoRTH Committee on Hydrogen Fuel Cells: The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has constituted a committee under the Chairmanship of Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport in discussing regulatory changes and facilitation of infrastructure, localization, economization and optimization of hydrogen fuel cells and other futuristic battery technologies for transportation purposes. IH2A member lead Dr. Anurag Pandey (Reliance Industries) has been invited into this Committee.
- G2G Initiatives on H2: India-Japan Session on ‘Decarbonization: Exploring the Hydrogen Prospects and Innovative Technologies’ was organized by the Embassy of India in Japan, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India along with TERI on 19 April – led by Minister Counsellor for the Japanese Embassy in New Delhi and Dr. Vibha Dhawan, Director General, TERI. It covered electrolyzers manufacturing. Link. US-India Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership’ was announced ‘to meet goals of Paris Agreement. This includes deploying 450 GW of renewable power to meet the ambitious 2030 target for climate action and clean energy. Link. India-France Join Hands on Climate Change: To further joint initiatives on solar power, eliminating single-use plastic and green hydrogen. Link
- Launch of ‘FiveT’ Clean Hydrogen Investment Fund: A team of hydrogen and financial executives, led by Pierre-Etienne Franc, has launched ‘FiveT’ Hydrogen Fund, world’s first pureplay clean hydrogen investment fund. Link
- EU “Hydrogen Highway”: Gas network operators from 11 EU countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland) have joined the European hydrogen backbone initiative, presenting an updated vision for a pure hydrogen network of nearly 40,000 km by 2040. Link
- Chilean Govt Opens Tender to Develop Green H2 Plants: The tender is aimed at national and foreign companies that want to develop and execute a green hydrogen production project of more than 10 MW that comes into operation no later than December 2025. Link
- Netherlands Unveils $408M Plan for H2 Projects: The Netherlands announced its National Growth Fund of $1.6 billion, almost a fourth of which will be used to scale up hydrogen projects. Link
- Arcelor Mittal, Shell, Vattenfall form Hamburg Hydrogen Consortium: Arcelor, Vattenfall have teamed up with Shell, Airbus, and other industrial majors to form a 12-member consortium to produce carbon neutral steel in the port city of Hamburg. Link
Beijing Envisages 10,000 Fuel Cell Vehicles by 2025: The Chinese Capital aims to have a record number of cell vehicles on the road and build 74 hydrogen filling stations, as the Chinese capital maps out an ambitious plan to develop the low-carbon fuel. Link